Thursday 15 November 2012

How many poison shots?


allo allo allo, heres the lastest installment from everyones favourite cheeky darkie, Mr Mal Patel:

Ok so here in Christchurch there is a 3K tournament next week min comp, only one auto dispel item and TO twat stick for anyone who takes something too silly, so what to take................um having only my lizardmen well the answer was pretty easy, this tournament is one of my favourites, I've won it for the last 2 years so it would be nice to win it again there's a nice little trophy with my name on it which mum would be proud of.
Its always hard to make a 3k list. I've got 2 schools of thought, you either add to your standard 2.4k or start from scratch. I went for option 1 as for the last year I have had lots of play testing with my ETC build. I it does miss some things.
So this is this the list I went for. Pretty much identical to what I took to Skitterleap but with some add on's Old-blood and Skink Hero and added some skinks with blowpipes.

Lord
1 x Slann (275) Lvl 4 Metal Soul Stone (free) Divine Plaque of Protection (30) Aura of Quetzl (40)   435
                Standard of Discipline (15) BSB (25) Focused rumination (50)
1 x Saurus Old Blood (145) Armour of Destiny(50)Burning Blade of Chotec (20) Cold-One (30)      275
                Obsidian Amulet (30)
Hero
1 x Scar-Vet (85) Cold-one (20) Dawnstone (25) Dragonhelm (10) Venom of the Firefly (10) 161
Great Weapon(6)Light Armour (5)
1 x Scar-Vet (85) Cold-one (20) Talisman of Preservation (45) Charmed Shield (5) 166
Great Weapon(6)Light Armour (5)
1 x Skink Priest(65) Lvl 1 Heavens Cube of Darkness (40) 105
1 x Skink Priest(65) Lvl 1 Heavens Ruby Ring of Ruin (25) 90
1 x Skink Chief (55) Sword of Might (20) Shield of Ptolos (25) Javelin (8) 108
Core
12 x Skink Skirmishers with Javelins 96
12 x Skink Skirmishers with Javelins 96
12 x Skink Skirmishers with Javelins 96
10 x Skink Skirmishers with Blowpipes 80
10 x Skink Skirmishers with Blowpipes 80
21 x Skink Cohort with Javelins and Shield inc musician & Standard 119
21 x Skink Cohort with Javelins and Shield inc musician & Standard 119
21 x Skink Cohort with Javelins and Shield inc musician                  111
Special
6 x Chameleon Skinks with Blowpipes 72
6 x Chameleon Skinks with Blowpipes 72
6 x Chameleon Skinks with Blowpipes 72
3 x Terradons 90
3 x Terradons 90
3 x Terradons 90
Rare
1 x Salamander 75
1 x Salamander 75                                                                                                                                                                
1 x Salamander 75                                                                                                                                                               
1 x Razordon     75                                                                                                                                                                
1 x Razordon     75  

So the plan.......................pew pew pew pew pew pew and shout "take it off" comes to mind. But down to some specifics, so I've added some banners as I'm little over auto-losing blood and glory. The new skink chief is there to add some ninja skills, I6 with str5 attacks for some punch. If he gets into the right position he could do some damage, I see him as a warmachine killa or ethereal runner. The Old-boy is there for some right killa action not sure how well he will do all solo, but will give it a go. The ruby ring and the Burning blade give me the flaming needed take out hydra and aboms.

I've increased the number of chaff units, by having multiple Sallys and Razordon's they work much better by themselves rather then in packs. My opp is bound to be going first with the number drops I have, but the I will be able to redirect all the death stars and fun bus, with little chaf units. The Scar-vet and Old Blood are hard as nails and should be able to handle most things, these will be my chaf killas. I am worried about "board space" i'm not sure i'll have enough to work with for the little units to run around. But that will depend on terrain as well.

So that my plan, not having playtested it I'm not sure how it will all work out but I'm sure it will be fine. So will get some bat reps done for next week with lots of pictures etc. I will not be using any acromyns like Ben, as frankly I can't understand half the stuff he writes lol. It an open list tournamnet so we have to run through everything before hand, so there no point in any tricksy stuff.
What I don't want to face, lots of hard hitting horde units, 1-2 I can handle, 3-4 will be troublesome, so VC, Skaven and DOC will be tough, everything else should be fine. List of players goes up on Monday. So will now what the opposition will be.       

Catch ya later, and remember choose to roll 6's or :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment